Stories about Giving
A letter from Luis Reyes
- To whom it may concern,
- I would like to express how honored I am to be the recipient of so many scholarships awarded to me by Barton College for the 2016-2017 academic year. Without the financial aid packet I received, I would not have been able to attend Barton or any other college. Because of this opportunity, I focused on my athletic, academic, and extracurricular activities. As a business major, I cannot thank you enough for the support provided by you as I finished my first semester with straight A’s, continued to have a successful swim career, and took on several leadership roles in a variety of areas.
- I am happy to announce that as a first-year student, I am the team captain of the men’s swimming team, SGA Liaison and representative for the Student Philanthropy Society, Treasurer of the Science Club, representative for Barton’s Leadership Academy, the Gerontology Student Association, and the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, officer of Phi Beta Lambda, and the Vice-President of Finance and SGA representative for Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity.
- Because of my leadership abilities, I am considered to potentially be a Resident Assistant for the upcoming school year, which I plan on taking (only the top 5% of Barton students are given this opportunity). During the 2017 spring semester, I will start to tutor with the Office of Student Success in Spanish and other subjects. I love where I am right now, and I intend to make a meaningful impact on my community.
- As an immigrant, I always strive to take advantage of the opportunities that come before me. Without scholarships funded by people like you, many students, such as myself, could not pursue his or her desired career. I am genuinely appreciative of your generosity for me to continue my educational, swimming, and extracurricular career at Barton College.
- I am grateful for the kindness you have shown because it allowed me to continue my education. I hope you will help other deserving individuals, as I have been helped when I needed financial support.
- Luis Reyes
Office of Institutional Advancement
201 Harper Hall
P.O. Box 5000
Wilson, NC 27893
© Barton College
| Design: HTML5 UP