Barton values the support from all its benefactors, who are listed on Barton's Honor Roll of Donors. The college also has several giving societies that recognize donors who make annual, planned and lifetime cumulative gifts to the college. These recognition groups celebrate the generosity of alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends who make gifts each year to support college operations and whose lifelong commitments help secure Barton’s future.
To learn more about these societies, please contact Jessica Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-399-6381.
The Bell Society
To honor and encourage regular individual giving to Barton, the college established the Bell Society. Named after the Kinsey Bell, which was originally located in the tower of Kinsey Hall, the first building on campus. The Bell Society was started in 2016 to recognize and celebrate a very special group of people: loyal supporters.
Bell Society members have made a gift (of any size) to Barton in consecutive years. Whether they’ve given for five years in a row or fifty, their devotion, dedication, and consistency are hallmarks of the Barton community, which has strengthened the college generation after generation.
Members of the Bell Society are listed as such each year in the Honor Roll of Donors. If you would like to find out how many consecutive years of giving you currently have, please contact Jessica Tyson at 252-399-6381 or email@example.com
Leadership Giving Societies
Each year, leadership contributions represent more than 85 percent of the Annual Fund's cash total. These gifts provide flexible resources to support the immediate needs of the College, both in the classroom and across campus.
- Patron's Club: $100 - $499
- Atlantic Christian Club: $500 - $999
- Barton Society: $1,000 - $2,499
- Kinsey Circle: $2,500 - $4,999
- Tower Circle: $5,000 - $9,999
- President's Circle: $10,000 - $24,999
- Bronze Circle: $25,000 - $49,999
- Silver Circle: $50,000 - $99,999
- Gold Circle: $100,000+
Lifetime Recognition Societies
Barton College recognizes those individuals, foundations, and corporations who support Barton College throughout their lifetime. These societies recognize donors who have given more than $100,000 during their relationship with the College. Members of these esteemed societies exemplify abiding belief and trust in the mission of Barton College.
- Torchbearer Society: Recognizing lifetime giving at the $100,000 level and greater
- Golden Knot Society: Recognizing lifetime giving at the $500,000 level and greater
- Founders' Society: Recognizing lifetime giving at the $1,000,000 level and greater
- Barton Stone Society: Recognizing lifetime giving at the $5,000,000 level and greater